tisdag 21 juli 2009

An attemp to An excuse

I haven't been so busy publishing crazy things in this blog as i like
(and indeed promised to do). Some of this lack can be explained by
the fact that my main computter exploded in the summer heat.
It roared and spitted fire like a Chinese Dragon some seconds
before it Banged and all the fuses where gone. The power supply
was all burned out with at least four electrolytic capacitors gone.

I bought a new bigger one and regrouped a lot of cables to get a
better airflow in the box. But on the first smoke-test my lamps in
the ceiling exploded together with a 5A and a 6A fuse. At first i
thought that all Hell was loose, but it was only the cables in the
ceiling that had gotten pulverized by the extreme heat and
shortened by moist or the many mosquitoes. It is quite a plague -
i have newer seen half as so many during my 36 years in this town.

But after a lot of welding (and it isn't nice to sit with a hot iron
under your nose even at nights) my big box works nice and not
so hot if i turn all nine fans on full speed. But the sound is annoying.
I have tried to spin down the hard disks which are not recently used,
but the delay when starting up a whole array is quite unbearable in the
long run (Ich habe ja nun acht oftente rollende festplatten im kasten).

So now i have arrived to the good habit of turning the whole shit off.
It saves a lot of power and it also has the advantage of keeping all of
my fiends off my wiki-wiki and my home pages.



As you (my fans) can from this snapshot hereoff see, ich habe meiner
rechner HERPES FREE mit Brüno's recept gemacht, and have also
installed four new potentiometer regulated 12 Volt fans covered by
a Coca Cola sort of mosquito-car-window-net that i found right on the
street early one morning. The funny extra-fan construction also includes
an extra brilliant white backlighting from an old AGFA-scanner found in
my nearest local garbage can.

When all other lights are off it looks like Goethe was quite right
about white in his color theory from 1810 when he said that white
is a thrue color of its own (Und keine additative farbmischung).

Rihgt or Wrong - the lamp works wunderful with the paintings on my wall!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar